We understand this is a challenging time for people and communities across the world. The Office of Admissions is here to support you in any way we can, and encourage you to reach out to us at email@example.com or 402-472-2023 if you have any questions or concerns.
Applying, Admitted and Transfer Students
The University of Nebraska–Lincoln will provide academic accommodations for students who are experiencing disrupted schedules or attending a school that has moved to online or remote education as a result of COVID-19. Students attending schools that have enacted precautionary measures related to COVID-19 will not be penalized in our application review.
- For incoming Fall 2020 students, we have extended the May 1 deadlines for applications, general merit scholarships, and the enrollment deposit to June 1, 2020. Please contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-472-2023 if you have any questions.
- Applicants should continue to fulfill their high school requirements as set by their schools. We will work with students and counselors to understand any modifications that have been established.
- If a student or family experiences changes in their financial circumstances, such as lost income or increased costs, due to COVID-19, they may request a special circumstances re-evaluation of their 2020–21 FAFSA. Updates to the FAFSA are made on a case-by-case basis to reflect more accurately the financial need of students or families affected by COVID-19. If this applies to you, please contact Husker Hub at email@example.com or 402-472-2030.
On-Campus Events for Prospective Students
In response to the spread of COVID-19 we have canceled all on-campus prospective student events for the foreseeable future.
Although we can't meet in person, we welcome you to join us for one of our recurring online info sessions. Topics include sessions for seniors, juniors, and transfers, value at Nebraska, and additional information about your academic area of interest.
You can also request to schedule a 1-to-1 phone or video conference with a representative from admissions or your academic area of interest.
Learn more and register on the Admissions website.
New Student Enrollment
- Registration for New Student Enrollment programs has been delayed until April 14. We are currently developing plans to host a remote/virtual orientation program for Fall 2020 admitted students.
- We will continue to communicate directly with Fall 2020 admitted students about program adjustments via email, and we will update the New Student Enrollment website as information becomes available regarding our changes to summer orientation and the class registration processes.
- Power Up Weekend has been canceled (please note, the New Student Enrollment orientation program has not been canceled).
Application for Admission
The application for graduate admission continues to be available for all interested students.
English Proficiency Requirement
For international graduate applicants, the Office of Graduate Studies at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln (UNL) has approved the temporary use of the Duolingo English Test in place of the in-person TOEFL and IELTS English proficiency exams. Duolingo English Tests taken between Feb. 3 and July 1, 2020 will be accepted. Scores are valid for two years from the date the test was taken. Applicants who take the Duolingo English Test will also be required to take UNL’s English Language Test upon arrival. For more information visit our website.
Cancellation of On-campus Individual and Group Visits
The Office of Graduate Studies has canceled all on-campus individual and group visits at this time.
The Office of Graduate Studies is hosting virtual visits via Zoom. If you are interested in visiting with a member of the Office of Graduate Studies team, sign up here.
College of Law
Cancellation of Group Events
Nebraska Law regrets that, because of concerns about the spread of novel coronavirus and COVID-19 infection, we are canceling all group events, including our admitted student events and preview days. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we try to do our part to responsibly address the health and safety concerns of our community. See below for options and alternatives.
Virtual Visits for Admitted Students
Our campus is temporarily closed, with most faculty and staff working from home, but we are currently scheduling virtual visits in a variety of options for admitted students. You may wish to schedule a private virtual visit in a format of your choice such as FaceTime, Skype, Zoom, etc. If you would like to schedule a conversation with us, please complete this online form.
We also have virtual drop-in meetings set up to run daily (M-F) from 10:00-11:00 a.m. and from 1:00-2:00 p.m. Central time. If you want to drop in and join one of these meetings, just to say “hi” or to ask questions, please enter our Zoom Room at one of the scheduled times.
Virtual Visits for Prospective Students
Not admitted for fall 2020 but still interested in chatting with us? We will be happy to schedule a virtual visit (via FaceTime, Skype, Zoom, etc.). If you would like to set up a time to chat, please complete this online form.