Updated April 8, 2022
The university has returned to pre-pandemic policy related to domestic travel by faculty and staff for university business.
The university continues to require all travelers to comply with travel guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and/or state or local public health departments, whether travel is personal or for university-sponsored business. By submitting a university pre-trip authorization form, travelers agree to comply with all guidance at the time of the request.
All other university travel policies related to COVID-19, including use of university vehicles, remain in place.
- Assess the COVID-19 situation at your destination prior to departure to ensure travel to the location can be safely managed. This is particularly important if you are considering international travel as the restrictions are very fluid.
- Prepare to wear a mask over your nose and mouth, stay six feet from others and avoid crowds, and wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer wherever required or advised by state and local recommendations and requirements.
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms after travel.
- The university has returned to pre-COVID-19 operations for processing international travel requests for faculty, staff, and students on university-sponsored business. For faculty and staff travel, two levels of authorization are no longer required.
- The university continues to strongly encourage all travelers to comply with travel guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and/or state or local public health departments, whether travel is personal or for university-sponsored business.
- Additional information can be found at globalnebraska.unl.edu/international-travel-policy.