The Spring 2021 Cornhusker Commitment is an affirmative agreement which outlines guidelines that allow students to take responsibility for their own health and to protect others in the university community from the spread of COVID-19. Completing it is a requirement for all students enrolled in the spring 2021 semester. It is available through MyRed.
Spring 2021 Cornhusker Commitment
As a condition to attend spring 2021 classes in-person or to access on-campus facilities at any time during the semester, I agree to do the following:
- I will be responsible for remaining aware of and adhering to local health department guidance and campus safety protocols, including restricted gatherings.
- I will vigilantly practice all safety and health protocols. I will wear face coverings, practice social distancing, follow hand washing protocols, and monitor my own health symptoms.
- I will participate in all campus COVID-19 testing when required.
- Re-entry testing at the start of the semester
- It may also include any additional mitigation testing determined to be necessary, either by the university or by the public health department.
- I will receive and comply with all emails, text messages, and phone calls related to COVID-19 testing and contact tracing.
- I will follow all testing guidance, including participation in contact tracing, quarantine, or isolation protocols issued by UNL and the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department.
- I will complete the updated UNL student health and safety training.
- I will download and use the Safer Community mobile application or passport system, including showing my building access passes to wellness attendants and building staff when asked to do so.
I recognize that failure to meet the above obligations may result in disciplinary action, including, but not limited to, reduced or limited access to on-campus services, loss of university housing, suspension, and/or expulsion from the university.